Alvaro's Reviews > Watchmen

Watchmen by Alan Moore

Jun 25, 2011

Read in January, 2009

I had seen the movie before I read this one. (Yeah I was one of those. Don't hate, mega-nerd.)

Did I like it? It's Alan Moore! Nuff Said. Ok fine. I'll go on. The story translated to the movie exactly and painstakingly. With one major exception, the ending catastrophe. I honestly believe that the movie pulled this off better. But the story is on par with some of history's best writers. The characters must deal with what does power mean within relationships, reconciling a glorious past with defeats in the present, and can lies actually become truth. There is no way to cover every facet of this book in a review. Each time you read it, or think of it, something new shines through.

I realize that some people look down on graphic novels because of the stigma of reading a comic book. But are you honestly going to judge a book by it's cover? This is a great read. It is definitely worth the time to look at.

P.S. It is also the only graphic novel that I have constantly seen in every library I have been to, and I have been to a ton of libraries. I don't do all my research online.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watchmen.