Elise's Reviews > The Girl in the Steel Corset

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

Dec 31, 11

bookshelves: series, young-adult, own-paper-copy, 2011, beautiful-cover, blond-heroine, steampunk, reviewed, 2-stars, so-disappointing
Read from August 02 to 26, 2011

They say don’t judge a book by its cover. They were right.

I read this after reading the free short story The Strange Case of Finley Jane, and I enjoyed it. Not that I didn’t (somewhat) enjoy this, I was just disappointed.

First of all, it started out pretty boring. After reading the first few chapters it took me like three weeks to pick it up again. I didn’t want to give up on it, and it did get better as I read it, but still. Also, I wasn’t invested in a single character; they all felt flat to me. There were too many high-techy things being introduced, and it just felt like too much. Sometimes it seemed they didn’t even need to be mentioned, other than sounding “cool” and being SUPER convenient to the characters. I guess I should have just thought “sounds awesome!!”, but I didn’t. I need more.

Having said that..

Larry_David_139722a

The author has to be hella smart to come up with all of this and the cover of this book is beautiful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Steel Corset.

08/12/2011 page 95