Trevor's Reviews > The Tent

The Tent by Margaret Atwood

Nov 15, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in January, 2010

An enjoyable and diminutive book of wit and insight crafted by the venerable Margaret Atwood. Unaware of its existence, I was very pleased to find a first edition hardcover in wonderful condition at Recycle Bookstore. These are very, very short stories--flash fiction, essentially. Most of them are no longer than two pages, which makes the book incredibly easy to pick up and read whenever you have a moment.

Some stories particularly inspired or impressed me, while others left little impression at all. Though, I expected this to be the case, considering how many of the little literary bites were compiled into the book. I particularly love the first story in the book: Life Stories. It made an impact on me and reading it was like looking into a mirror; as though it were something I had written.

Overall, I'd gladly recommend the book to anyone interested in Atwood, either as an introduction to her work, or for those who are already fans. Additionally, it's a nice book to have around when you're low on time because you can easily catch a quick story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tent.