Amalie 's Reviews > The Secret of Platform 13

The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson

Dec 11, 14

bookshelves: low-fantasy-in-real-worlds, adventure, middle-grade, young-adult
Read from June 25 to July 03, 2011

There’s a Gump in every country, a special grassy mound with a hidden door which leads to a magical world. In Great Britain, this place is hidden under the platform 13 at Kings Cross Station, opened once every nine years and guarded by the Ghosts of the Gump.

The three nurses of the new-born Prince of the land: Violet, Lily and Rose step into the other side taking the baby with them to visit their old world. During this short visit Mrs. Trottle, a rich wicked lady steals the Prince and disappears.

Nine years go by and a wizard, an ogre, a fey and a young hag called Odge Gribble with a very special gift; step into the streets of London to find the Prince of their Kingdom. The little they know is that the Prince is now a spoiled nasty rich boy named Raymond Trottle who hardly looks or sounds like their lost Prince. They must go through a great adventure before discovering their true prince with the help of young boy named Ben who works in the Trottle’s house…

Eva Ibbotson is an amazing writer. She stories makes you feel like a child again and she is yet to disappoint me with the children’s novels. Highly recommend to everyone who loves children’s novels.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Platform 13.

06/28/2011 page 60

message 1: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum I'll have to add her to my list of authors to find! Where has she been all my life? I love children's books (well, excellent ones, anyway).

Amalie Eva Ibbotson is my favourite and she's amazing! You won't be disappointed... :)