Eva's Reviews > Mind-Rain: Your Favorite Authors on Scott Westerfeld's Uglies Series

Mind-Rain by Scott Westerfeld

5220047
Jun 24, 11

bookshelves: young-adult
I own a copy

This books is why I hate Tally. Before I just sort of ignored her in favor of self-insertions. But after reading this book I realized: Tally sucks. She's not motivated, she's dumb, and she takes credit for things that she doesn't deserve credit for.

Another thing I realized: David sucks way more than Tally, a fact I never presumed possible. He dumps Shay for Tally even though Tally is way dumber than Shay and also very shallow. He just randomly decides to trust her because she... what? Followed Shay's explicit instructions after being "encouraged" to go to the Smoke in order to sell them out to the government. Great choice, David!

Not to say that I like Shay, but one of the authors in this book put it pretty well as to what Shay goes though being friends with Tally, "Shay blazes a trail for Tally, right up the side of a mountain. Shay extends a hand to Tally, and helps her to the summit. Shay and Tally admire the view for about thirty seconds. Then Tally pushes Shay off a cliff. Lather, rinse, repeat."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind-Rain.