Danielle's Reviews > thxthxthx: Thank Goodness for Everything

thxthxthx by Leah Dieterich

Jul 04, 11

bookshelves: ebook, for-review
Read in February, 2011

Sure, we’ve all been told by our mothers and elders that it’s only polite to send a thank you note after receiving a gift or invitation and more. The real question is, how far do you take it? Would you ever think of sending a thank you note to your keyboard or possibly even your fears? This is exactly what Leah Dieterich does in her fabulous new book ThxThxThx. Take the time to thank the small things and see how it changes the way you look at the world.

Now, first of all, I know you are all wondering why I thought this might interest Chick Lit Reviews readers. Well, to be honest, I think that on the whole our readers here are incredibly generous, diverse, intelligent and creative group. Because of that I thought this might be the very thing you’d all be interested in. Yes, it’s definitely a quick read and it could very well be something that would sit on your coffee tables, but it’s also quite funny. A perfect read for Chick Lit fans!

What Dieterich does with thank-you notes takes gratitude to an entirely different level. Not only humorous but inventive. It was hilarious to read about how she was grateful for things like songs, dice, sounds, bruises, men’s undershirts and more. On a more serious note though, this was a book that made me rethink the way I looked at the world around me. In the opening of the book the author says the following about how writing these thank-you notes made her feel, “I can’t describe it in any other way than ‘more alive.’” I’d have to agree. There’s something to be said for taking a moment each day to be thankful for something, no matter how ridiculous it might seem and how secret you may keep those thank-you’s.

ThxThxThx is a book that will have you laughing hysterically, but also contemplating those things you value in life for a number of reasons. In a world constantly seeking more and rarely taking the time to “stop and smell the roses” this is a perfect read to re-evaluate your own situation. This is an absolute must-have for my own home, if only to read a note or two a day. You may want to give it a quick glance, you never know, you may just be inspired to start your own trail of thank-you notes!

Originally reviewed and copyrighted at Chick Lit Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read thxthxthx.