Jennie's Reviews > Blood of the Reich

Blood of the Reich by William Dietrich

Jul 18, 11

bookshelves: historical-fiction, e-book, read-in-2011, fiction, read-in-july
Read from July 08 to 11, 2011

Flipping between present day and the start of Nazi Germany this story is full to the max of suspense. The two main plot lines were full of intrigue and mystery – I was reading in a rush to find out when they two would finally meet in the middle, tying everything and everyone together.

When the stories did collide they came together with an explosion of questions finally answered, but in the wake left a whole slew of new questions. The suspense never let up until the final few pages. I really enjoyed that aspect of this book – it wasn’t an up and down, but more of a constant build up which kept me flipping each page in a hurry. The characters are flawed, showing that even some of the bad have the ability to be good but that some choose not to act on the good.

I really enjoyed the depth of science and technology that was built into the story. It was fascinating and added twists to the book that otherwise wouldn’t have been present. It presented a very interesting thought on what the Hitler regime mindset of race could have been circling around.

I highly recommend this for anyone who likes science, mystery/suspense novels and anyone who is fascinated with the Nazi Germany time period.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of the Reich.

07/08/2011 page 31