Kelly Aley's Reviews > Betrayed

Betrayed by P.C. Cast

Sep 12, 08

Read in September, 2008

I really enjoy the idea of these books. I CAN'T STAND, however, the authors' tendency to re-tell the reader all of what happened in the previous books. I mean, who is reading book 2 without having read the other book? Do we really have to get the Cherokee translation for daughter again? PLEASE stop treating us like we are total morons with the memory of a two-year-old. The overt sexuality is a bit much for any teens that I teach, and I couldn't safely recommend this to any teens or pre-teens that I know. I even skipped over a few scenes. I don't understand why that is necessary in a book that is so clearly aimed at teens. This is definitely not Twilight, even though I find the initial ideas and characters much more intriguing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Ashley (cnthrdlywt2bwz) Thank you! I am glad that more people are out there that see the authors describing everything over and over again.

Kelly Aley Ashley wrote: "Thank you! I am glad that more people are out there that see the authors describing everything over and over again. "
This author's new material could have filled about three chapters. All of the rest was spoon-feeding the couch-idiots. I think that if people can remember what happened on "Gossip Girl," they can probably hang on for a book. Maybe the author will read this post and remedy it in future writings. :)

Nera i think it is a niice book but sometimes people froget these things.