Cheri's Reviews > A Prayer for Owen Meany

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from March 25 to 27, 2012

I'm so glad they released 'A Prayer for Owen Meany: A Novel' for Kindle. I would have read it eventually otherwise, but I read this in the midst of multiple flights almost back to back. There were minor things that kept me from giving this five stars, but they are typical of John Irving's writing style.All in all, I loved this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Prayer for Owen Meany.

Quotes Cheri Liked

John Irving
“If you care about something you have to protect it – If you’re lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it.”
John Irving, A Prayer for Owen Meany

John Irving
“When someone you love dies, and you're not expecting it, you don't lose her all at once; you lose her in pieces over a long time—the way the mail stops coming, and her scent fades from the pillows and even from the clothes in her closet and drawers. Gradually, you accumulate the parts of her that are gone. Just when the day comes—when there's a particular missing part that overwhelms you with the feeling that she's gone, forever—there comes another day, and another specifically missing part.”
John Irving, A Prayer for Owen Meany