Michele Mcconnell's Reviews > Loud in the House of Myself: Memoir of a Strange Girl

Loud in the House of Myself by Stacy Pershall

F 50x66
Jul 07, 2011

bookshelves: memoirs
Read on July 06, 2011 — I own a copy

I hadn't planned on reading the book in one day, but I have. There was something about it that kept pulling me back. Was it the idea the narrator might not be stable? Could she be unreliable? Or was it her unbelievable language, sentence structure, and love of great music and literature that kept me coming back? Possibly her ability to weave a wonderful story about self?

While I am reading many memoirs in order to be prepared for my students when September hits, I have found the genre intriguing in that there are so many more voices in memoir than in fiction. There are so many more stories to tell and share and connections to be made. While I will recommend this book to my students, I will let them know that the reading level might trip some of them up, but I know there will be several who can make connections with the story, especially the middle school and high school sections.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loud in the House of Myself.