Matt's Reviews > The Spy Who Came In from the Cold

The Spy Who Came In from the Cold by John le Carré

Jun 24, 11

Recommended to Matt by: Saw it on a website list.
Recommended for: My brother
Read on June 04, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I finished this book on my trip to Peru amongst a collection of a bunch that I brought with me. I read it in one sitting on the boat from Mazan to Santa Clotilde. It gripped me the whole time and, like I would assume most reviews out there, felt like watching a good made-for-TV spy movie. It wasn't necessarily epic. I caught the twist at the end a little later than I probably should have, but amidst a bunch of good storytelling there were a few lines of choice dialog. This is my first GoodReads review, I don't feel like I have that much to say. A book like this one is not something that I would normally 'write a review' for, being the kind of person who does not have a blog and rarely posts on the facebook. I'm not one for reviewing movies or music albums or anything like that, and I seriously doubt that I have anything inspiring to say about this book or many others that I would read - others are more articulate than me. I guess all I'm trying to say is, I liked this book and it was fun and enjoyable. If you know me, and enjoy the same kinds of things I do, then perhaps you would too. Thanks for your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spy Who Came In from the Cold.