Vincent Wood's Reviews > Mutineer

Mutineer by Mike Shepherd

Jun 29, 11

Read from June 24 to 29, 2011

If I am going to rate a book, I try to get at least half way through it before I might give up upon it. Even if I think every moment I am with that particular book is a moment of life wasted, I still will not give the book a 1 star rating until I feel that I have given the book a good attempt.

That is almost what happened to me with this book. I just had trouble getting into the book and almost gave up about a third of the way through. I decided to trudge along to the half way point and by that point the book grew on me enough that I was able to finish reading it.

It is about a young space navy officer in the 24th century who comes from a rich and powerful family and is trying to make her own name rather than living off the names of her most recent ancestors.

I would not call it a bad book. Rather, it just did not excite me. It did not seem to offer anything new to make me eager and check out any of this book's sequels.

If you like military novels, especially futuristic space military, then you may like this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mutineer.