Sareh's Reviews > Daughter of the Flames

Daughter of the Flames by Zoë Marriott

Jun 26, 11

Read in June, 2011

I actually read this book a while ago, but I never got the chance to finish it. But I did finish it this time.

What I enjoyed: I enjoyed (once again) that it was set in a place much like Asia. I loved the prologue, it was so interesting and the fact that the Zoe Marriott had it set in a temple like place was interesting. And then I loved how she has to team up with her enemy to defeat her uncle. I thought all the character's actions and emotions were realistic and her descriptions were wonderful. I thought that the 3rd person pov suited the story and I'm certainly impressed with her writing.

I loved Zahira's name and how the leader of the temple pretty much straight out lied to her about who she really was and only revealed it just when she died. Nice. I'd be pretty mad at her. I really disliked her uncle; he really did seem evil.

What I didn't enjoy: I thought that Zahira fell in love with Sorin a little too quickly. Maybe it's just me, but I think that you need more than a couple weeks to fall in love with someone. I thought that at times Zahira and other characters acted a little too dramatic than what the situation called for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of the Flames.