Sareh's Reviews > The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan

Jun 26, 11

Read in June, 2011

I've read the whole series and I'm sad to see this wonderful series come to an end. This is the only book my brother has willingly read and my mom has even read the series. My favorite characters are by far Halt and Will.

In this last book, Halt, Will, Evelyn, and some other friends travel to the Japan like country of Nihon-Ja to help Horce who is helping the Emperor take back his throne.

What I did like: I enjoyed Will's sense of humor and I love the research that you can so clearly seen put into this. Like with the beginning when Will and Halt are watching a demonstration of an army legion. And I love how you can so clearly tell it's Roman and how it actually works. I really do enjoy a book that has well researched points in it. I think it shows an air of profession to the book and helps add to the realism of it. The other will researched part was when they were traveling with more of Will's Scandinavian friends and how the captain was explaining how the new ship sailed. The other part I enjoyed was seeing the culture of Nihon-Ja, and I loved seeing Alyss and Evelyn have their final roles in this. Plus I adored the ending where both Horace and Will propose!

What I didn't like: I thought that Alyss and Evelyn both acted stuck up and snotty through most of the book until they made up their differences. Even then I was turned off because how they acted. I wasn't crazy about the ending and how the rebel leader was killed when he was trying to over throw the Emperor. But overall those are my only complaints.

If I was going to recommend this book I'd give it a four and a half stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emperor of Nihon-Ja.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Chris Need to put your review on spoiler alert haha
Apart from that good review
Look forward to reading the last installation in the series.