Leah's Reviews > Alpha & Omega

Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs

I loved this short prequel to the "Alpha & Omega" series, which is also a spin-off of the "Mercy Thompson" series. A&O features Charles Cornick, son to Bran the Marrok and brother to Samuel, and Anna. It takes place around the time of Mercy book on, Moon Called, after Bran is made aware of the situation in Chicago.

I liked Charles a lot in the Mercy books, even though he wasn't a strong presence. There was a silent strength and inherent sexiness to him that just called to me. With this novella, I don't see how one couldn't fall absolutely head over heels in love with the guy. In just 72 pages, you see that he's not just the executioner for the Marrok, but a man who learned not to get close to anyone because he might have to kill them one day. He protects the innocent and those he cares for. Really, how could you not adore him?

Anna was pretty damn awesome, too. Despite her fears, she feels safe with Charles and isn't afraid to stand up to him when necessary. She thinks she's submissive when she's really an Omega, a wolf with the power to have a calming influence on the wolves around her. How cool is that! Also, even though she starts out pretty meek because of all that she's been through, Anna comes into herself and finds her strength, in part because Charles and his care of and for her inspires a confidence in here that she hadn't experienced since being Changed.

So, I think it's safe to say this novella rocked, and I'm greatly looking forward to the rest of the series. And I can see that I will come to love it just as much as I love Mercy Thompson.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha & Omega.