Kate 's Reviews > Eat Slay Love

Eat Slay Love by Jesse Petersen

Jun 28, 11

Read in June, 2011

EAY SLAY LOVE, by Jesse Petersen, is the continuation of the Living with the Dead series following Sarah and David's journey to the "Wall" to (hopefully) get the only known zombie-cure to government scientists to end the zombie/human war. But as usual nothing is easy for this once-almost-divorced couple, they are faced with cults, David's strange new bitten-related behaviors, teaming up with a TMZ-like stalkerazzi, a druggie rockstar...and of course BRAAAAIIN eating zombies.

I have been dying to read this next installment of one of my favorite horror series's, and I have to say I was very pleased!! My favorite still-together (why are there not more of those in fiction?) couple is back with another huge adventure on their hands. I love the relationship between Sarah and David. They truly are my hero couple and I always get nervous when things (zombies, other cute men/women, zombie escape routes involving splitting up) threaten to tear them apart.

I liked how Petersen developed the cure senario with David. He was cured but subtle differences in his behavior suggested he became some sort of zombie/super human hybrid. And Sarah found tooth and nail to keep her once nerd, now buff husband by her side.

The other main characters, Nicole and McCray were annoying at first (probably because I thought they were going to get Sarah and David killed) but they grew on me as the book wore on. A big theme in this book was secrets. Sarah kept the cure a secret, and as I slowly learned more about Nicole and McCray I knew that all kept secrets would blow up in the characters faces at some point.

One thing (of many) that I love about this series is that there are multiple layers to each book. The overall one being to survive, but I love how Petersen makes little adventures and journeys (physically and mentally) for her characters. It really makes this series enjoyable to read. Definitely pick this one up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat Slay Love.