Liz's Reviews > The Boy Book: A Gazillion Lists, Three Potential Boyfriends, Several Penguins and Me, Ruby Oliver

The Boy Book by E. Lockhart

Jun 24, 2011

The Boy Book was an excellent continuation of The Boyfriend List; Ruby Oliver was back, zebra print glasses and all. In this one, Ruby was slowly trying to repair her reputation – it’s never easy shedding the labels of “leper” and “slut”, no matter whether they really apply to you or not, which Ruby knew better than anyone else. She was beginning to make friends with Nora again, and with Meghan and Noel, things started to seem almost normal. Until Nora admitted she liked Noel, and Ruby’s life was in turmoil again. Ruby told herself she didn’t care whether Nora liked Noel. And she didn’t. Right? Of course, nothing was ever easy in Ruby Oliver’s life, which is why I enjoyed this book so much. Like its predecessor, it was funny and very readable. The Boy Book had more Noel in it, which I loved, and I liked seeing the rebuild of Nora and Ruby’s friendship. Overall, it was a great addition to the series – now on to the Treasure Map of Boys!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Book.