Alicia's Reviews > Betty Crocker's Picture Cookbook, Facsimile Edition

Betty Crocker's Picture Cookbook, Facsimile Edition by Betty Crocker

Jun 24, 11

bookshelves: cooking-baking, nonfiction, favorites
Read in June, 2011

My favorite go-to cookbook. I grew up with my mom's 1970's version and found it the best cookbook. I went online and my choices were the 1950's throwback cookbook (this one), or a new "updated" one published only a year or two ago. After reading reviews, I opted for the classic version. The popover recipe is the best I've tried. I love the tips and hints throughout the book. And of course, the old-fashioned photos and drawings are awesome. The only disappointment about the 1950's version is the index. Everything is categorized and then alphabetized so it's not easy looking up something specific. For instance, potato recipes are under vegetables, but a random potato recipe might be under another section. And the pages want to rip out of the ringbound cover quite often. It would have been sturdier as a hardback cookbook, not ringbound. For these reasons, I rated this cookbook with 4 instead of 5 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betty Crocker's Picture Cookbook, Facsimile Edition.