Christine's Reviews > Killer Stuff and Tons of Money: Seeking History and Hidden Gems in Flea-Market America

Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

208836
May 16, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, non-fiction, 2012
Read in May, 2012

I am really fascinated with antiques and history which is why I enjoyed this book. It covers a wide range of subjects in a collector's world such as eBay, hoarding, auctions and traveling to antique shows. Through the duration of the book, it's easy to see why the business of auctions and antiques is so hard to get into due to the intense knowledge one must obtain about various objects. My mom and I love browsing historic houses and window shopping at antique stores, but I never realized there was a world of intense antique dealing until reading this book. It's a physically and mentally demanding job. From dealing with tension at auctions, and unpacking loads and loads of boxes; I could see why you HAVE to be 100% dedicated in the world of antiques in order to stay in the business. It was nice to see that despite the recession, collectibles, hand crafts and antiques are back on the rise of popularity according the the author. I also really enjoyed learning small tid-bits of history which gave me instant knowledge along the journey of this book. I won this book off of Goodreads' First Reads Giveaway and I'm glad to have been able to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer Stuff and Tons of Money.