Morgan's Reviews > Night Star

Jul 05, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 3-stars

Click here to read more YA reviews at READING, EATING & DREAMING

Below is my review for the Immortals series as a whole. Don't worry it doesn't contain any spoilers!

The Immortals series is aptly named: at times I felt it’d last an eternity.

But, Alyson Noel finally completes the Immortals series with the sixth and final installment, Everlasting. Evermore, Blue Moon, Shadowland, Dark Flame, Night Star and Everlasting comprise the complete series. Throughout these six books, Noel introduces readers to immortals, rouges, witches, ghosts, magic, magical dimensions and some interesting special abilities.

Overall, I enjoyed the Immortals series. It is an enchanting tale packed with romance and suspense. With an original plot, well-developed characters and plenty of action this series has a lot to offer.
However, it should have been condensed to three or four books. Evermore and Blue Moon start the series off with excitement and promise. From the first page of Evermore, I was hooked and completely captivated by Ever and Damon. I couldn’t wait to turn the page and discover more about their story. Then it felt as if someone hit SLOW MOTION! Shadowland, Dark Flame and Night Star really started to drag on, and all three books left me disappointed. Throughout these novels, conflicts were being resolved and things were happening but still I found myself growing bored. And then I read Everlasting, the final book in the Immortals series. It was as if someone hit PLAY again- everything picked back up. As I fell back in love with Ever and Damen, I remembered why I originally liked this series. Noel finishes things off with a bang and does a wonderful job of tying this series together in the end.

Evermore-4 STARS
Blue Moon-4 STARS
Shadowland-2 STARS
Dark Flame-2 STARS
Night Star-2 STARS
Everlasting-4 STARS

I gave the Immortals series by Alyson Noel 3 STARS because that is what I felt it earned as an entire series. I would recommend reading this series at some point in time!

Reading, Eating & Dreaming

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Star.