Michael's Reviews > Table Lessons: Insights in the Practice of Massage Therapy

bookshelves: swedishinstitute
Recommended to Michael by: Linda Burton
Recommended for: boastful therapists
Read from December 08 to 26, 2011

My status updates on this are basically my review. I liked it, although there was a lot of dead air while the author established and re-established the idea that trigger points work in mysterious ways.

I wish there had been more detail about his treatments, instead of "I treated the area that was causing her pain," etc., but some of the diagnostic methods were useful and I LOVED the essay near the end about the relative care afforded injured dancers and college athletes: one is given every available resource and put back in the game ASAP, and the other is told to find some other dream.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Table Lessons.

12/08/2011 page 33
16.0% "Um so I know how to do some of the things this famous guy does that make people think he's a wizard. Wizard hat please!"
12/13/2011 page 55
26.0% "I'm thinking everyone in school should have to read this, because it calls for rational, humble investigation of clients' complaints. We're not hearing enough of that, and it's a problem."
12/14/2011 page 89
43.0% "I'd totally work for this man. I like his style and he could teach me things."
12/16/2011 page 161
77.0% ""There is a time for strengthening, a time for better mechanics, a time for manipulation, and a time for specific soft-tissue work...Trying to strengthen an injured muscle is fruitless, as is manual therapy on a muscle that is truly weak.""
show 1 hidden update…