Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Overbite

Aug 11, 11

bookshelves: 2-stars
Read from August 05 to 06, 2011

CLICK HERE FOR MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING I WAS BLAIR WALDORF

My review for Insatiable was a little on the fence. After reading Overbite, the second novel in the Insatiable series, I can tell you that this series isn’t for me.

I was really hoping Overbite would pull me in and make me fall in love. Unfortunately, it had the opposite effect. In the middle of reading this book, I actually put it down and picked up something else. I just wasn’t that into it.

Like I said before, I am a huge Meg Cabot fan (with the exception of this series). I guess I am just like the main character, Meena….sick of vampires!!! In this sequel, the characters lost their character. Lucien was an utter disappointment; Meena lost her independence and her strength (In this novel, she is a blubbering mess). The ending was upsetting, and again, I wasn’t a fan of the humorous approach on vampires. (It took away from the novel. Almost made it seem cheesy!)

I gave Overbite by Meg Cabot 2 STARS. It just didn’t do it for me. Sorry Meg!! (I love your other stuff.) In fact, I recommend Meg Cabot’s other books, especially her YA books. They are hilarious and adorable. Regrettably, I cannot recommend this series.

-XOXO

READING, EATING & DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overbite.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Mery (new)

Mery St. Clair ¿why?

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream Honestly, I wanted heat between Meena and Lucien. Heck, I would have settled for heat b/t Meena and Alaric, if Cabot would have set it up that way, but the heat was missing in Overbite. Lucien and Meena's characters both change for the worse. This book was about 1/2 the size of Insatiable and it was still hard to get through. If you LOVED the first one then you should read this one. If you were on the fence about Insatiable, like I was, then IDK. Hope this helps :)