Brigette's Reviews > The Elephant Whisperer

The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony

Jun 24, 2011

Read from December 03 to 04, 2010 — I own a copy

Being an animal enthusiast I am always inclined to eagerly pick up a book with an animal at the center of the story so there was no surprise that The Elephant Whisperer was found in my hands.

Lawrence Anthony, a South African nature conservationist, invites the reader into the world of his game reserve, Thula Thula -which is in Zulu Land, Kwa-Zulu Natal South Africa (not far from where I live). As the title reads, his story is about his relationship with some "troublesome" elephants that leaves you educated and more aware of your environment.

I have had the absolute pleasure of meeting Lawrence Anthony at an Animal Anti Cruelty League buffet where he recounted the story of "his" elephants and whilst he was telling the story I was sitting with a silly grin on my face as if he were talking about a memory and a friend we shared that is how much Lawrence shares with you in his book.

I am also the proud owner of a signed Elephant Whisperer by the awe inspiring author himself!

I am currently reading Babylon's Arc and eagerly awaiting his third book entitled "Blood Horn" which he is currently writing.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Elephant Whisperer.