Heather's Reviews > Only Time Will Tell

Aug 27, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from August 23 to 27, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Disclaimer*** I won this book from a goodreads giveaway

I absolutely loved this book. I could not put it down and cannot wait to read the next in the series! This book is a page turner right from the beginning. I couldn't wait to read more.

This book takes place between the years of 1920 - 1940, and is told from the points of view of various characters in the book. It focuses on the life of Harry Clifton, and how his single mother struggles to get him the best possible education. What Harry does not know is that the man who he thinks is his late father, Arthur Clifton, a dockskman,may not be, while wealthy, Hugo Barrington might be. When Harry attends the primary school, St. Bede's, he becomes best friends with Giles Barrington, Hugo's son and Harry's maybe half-brother. Harry eventually falls in love and plans to marry Emma Barrington when at the final hour the wedding is objected to and the truth comes out. Devastated the couple goes their separate ways. Emma realizes she is pregnant and does not tell Harry. Harry sails away on a ship bound for Cuba, when a torpedo strikes the ship. Harry is rescued by an American ship, and takes on the identity of another crewman, to start fresh in America. The moment he reveals his false identity, however, he is arrested for first degree murder.

Loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Time Will Tell.