My Little Book World's Reviews > Size 14 Is Not Fat Either

Size 14 Is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot

Jul 11, 11

Read from June 30 to July 03, 2011

This is the second book in the Heather Wells series. I really liked the first so, of course, I have to read the others! This book was just as good as the first.

The story starts out with a pretty gruesome murder in the kitchen of Fisher Hall where Heather is an assistant dorm director. Despite her promises to friends and Cooper, her hot landlord and brother of her ex Jordan, that she will not get involved, it doesn’t take long for her to get dragged into the investigation. She doesn’t feel the police are asking the right questions or talking to the right people and decides she is the one for the job. She seems to have a knack for putting herself in dangerous, but hilarious, situations.

When Heather set her sights on Doug, a student from a wealthy and influential family, her amateur detective skills kick in. The situation becomes even worse when Manuel, a dorm housekeeper, is stabbed in front of Heather by masked assailants who are trying to keep his mouth shit. It turns out Manuel has a bit of important information that he shares with Heather.

On top of all of the investigative danger Heather brings upon herself, her father turns up in New York after being released from prison where he has been since she was a child. And to add even more stress to her life, her best friend Patty and her husband are pressuring her to perform onstage, which she hasn’t done in years after her singing career tanked.

In the end, Heather gains a bit of a fledgling relationship with her father, an unwanted crush from one of the college students, harassment from her ex, and a near-death experience as the result of sticking her nose where it doesn’t belong.

I spend a lot of time laughing while reading this series from Meg Cabot. They are quick, easy reads with a lot of humor and mystery. I’ve already ordered the third and final book (as of right now) in the series and can’t wait to see what kind of mess Heather will get herself into next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Size 14 Is Not Fat Either.

07/01/2011 page 227