Kathryn's Reviews > Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair

Jun 30, 2011

bookshelves: science-fiction, romance, aliens
Read in June, 2011

I wish more books such as this existed. In the following order, the book is first a romance, second science fiction, and third, an adventure/political intrigue/space opera, with each pretty close in the contest. Sinclair maintained a brilliant balance. I tend to find books which are either too heavy on science fiction or romance, without that balance. Too much science fiction (when I am wanting a romance somehow involved) leaves a story dry and too much romance without the world building and attention to detail necessary for true science fiction, creates a weak and cheesy plot, typicaly followed with weak and cheesy dialogue, which I detest. Sinclair gives me hope for science fiction romance novels as Finders Keepers is anything but dry, weak, or cheesy.

The characters were excellent and though I was slow to feel any type of connection, once I did, I became very invested in the story. I wish more effort had been made as far as the secondary characters were concerned, as a good adventure needs dependable sidekicks. There were some excellent secondary characters present but they were introduced a little late in the book and lacked the details I prefer in order to connect.

The political and military aspects were strong and made for an ideal background. The chemistry between the main characters was believable. The main reason why I am not rating 5 stars is that I feel the ending was wrapped up too easily. I loved the aliens but they were extremely stupid and I found it difficult to believe they would have acted as they did. Yet I am eagerly looking forward to reading more by the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finders Keepers.

03/14/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by mark (new)

mark monday i have one of her books, Gabriel's Ghosts i think? haven't read it yet. one of these days!

Kathryn I just finished Gabriel's Ghost and enjoyed it as well, more so than this one. :)