Jan's Reviews > Mark of the Lion Trilogy

F 50x66
Mar 16, 08

bookshelves: all-time-favorite
Read in January, 2007

Don't read volume 1 without having volume 2 close by. These two books are of the remarkable story of Hadassah, a Jewish slave and Marcus, a Roman, in the turbulent times for Christians about 100 AD. I read volume 2 first ("An Echo in the Darkness") when I picked it off the shelf at the library. I'm not sure I could have handled the first one ("A Voice in the Wind") had I not know the fate of Hadassah. Even reading the first book second, my heart was beating so hard at the end, even knowing what was going to eventually happen, I'm not sure I could have handled it - that's how caught up in these characters I was and how absolutely riviting the story was. I'm giving this trilogy 5 stars because the first two are some of the best books I've ever read. However, I'd give Volume 3 "As Sure as the Dawn" only 3 stars. I read it because I wanted to know what would happen with some minor characters from the first two books, so no regrets for reading it, but I just didn't think it was that great of a story. The main characters from "A Voice in the Wind" and "An Echo in the Darkness" are totally out of the third book. Keep in mind too that these are rough times for the early Christians and the people they dealt with were not the most righteous.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mark of the Lion Trilogy.