Bookworm's Reviews > Trace of Fever

Jun 23, 2011

liked it
Read in June, 2011

About:
Trace of Fever is the second book in Lori Foster's Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series.
In this book we have hottie Trace Rivers working undercover as a bodyguard for a corrupt wealthy businessman named Murray Coburn. Coburns runs a human trafficking business and Trace wants to gain his trust so he can bring him down.
One day the beautiful and seemingly innocent Priscilla Patterson walks into Coburns place of business claiming to be his long lost daughter. Priss has an agenda of her own. Trace can't help but notice the beauty has something up her sleeve, and is not as innocent as she claims to be.
When Coburn has Trace keep tabs on Priss, he more than willingly obliges. Trace and Priss end up having some hot sexual tension as Trace actually begins to care for her and doesn't want to see Priss come to any harm.

My thoughts:
I read the first in this series, When You Dare and enjoyed it. In that book I got to learn a bit about Trace, and I was eager to read his story in this second installment.
The tension between Priss and Trace was nice, it slowly developed and I was eager to see how these two would get together.
Author Lori Foster creates another likable heroine with Priss. She is no damsel in distress and has a mind of her own. I also liked Trace's character, since I do enjoy alpha males in romance books.
I also like seeing Dare McIntosh from the first in this series, When You Dare, pop up in this book.
I found Murray Coburn's wife, Helene a.k.a. Hell, to be a bit over the top. I found her too obnoxious and too willing to throw punches to take her seriously.

All in all, I enjoyed Trace of Fever. It was a juicy read on these hot summer days.

read my full review here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trace of Fever.