Gracie's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Mar 16, 08

bookshelves: vampires-and-sex
Read in December, 2007

** spoiler alert ** I honestly HATE chick lit and this was chick lit with crappy, reinvented vampires. First of all, the villain sucked, had no motivation, history, nothing! He was barely two-dimensional. The protagonist was plainly what we in the fanfiction world like to call a Mary Sue, a character introduced into a new setting with the intent of fulfilling the author's personal desires, and seen -- in all her flaws -- as the perfect, talented....Blah. Of course, the new awkward, accident-prone girl at school would get asked to the dance by four different guys. Pfft. And that the sexiest vampire would fall for her and only her, threatening to kill himself if he ever lost her... Man, that guy's a stalker! Seriously! He'd watch her sleep and followed her around town! And I hate it when the characters get what they want. It's pointless. My characters have to go through hell to get what they want. Even Harry Potter, poor idiot, had the entire school against him at one point or another. For the love of God, the vampires glittered. GLITTERED. In the sun. I plan to read the second and third books to see if they get better. You can never judge an author on her first book alone.

Let's hope they're good.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.