Samantha Tai's Reviews > Princess in the Spotlight

Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot

Jul 04, 11

Read from June 23 to July 04, 2011

Princess Mia is back in Princess in the Spotlight. The excitement hasn't calmed down since she found out she is the Princess of Genovia. First she has her first exclusive TV interview with Beverly Bellerieve which she is strongly protesting against. Then, a surprising announcement from her mother who is dating Mr. G, Mia's algebra teacher. And, Mia has a secret admirer. Could it be her crush, Michael?

Anne Hatheway does another spectacular job narrating Princess in the Spotlight. I especially love when she makes her voice scratchy when Mia is sick. It sounds so authentic and real. Fun fact, I learned from Meg Cabot: Anne Hatheway narrated the first book before filming the first movie. I believe Meg also said, this was before Anne was selected to play the part of Princess Mia in the movie and before she made it big. Meg was so impressed with Anne's job narrating the book.

I'm looking forward to listening to Anne Hatheway narrate book 3, Princess in Love. But I am disappointed that she doesn't continue to narrate after this book. Hopefully Clea Lewis is as impressive since I'd like to continue to listen to the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess in the Spotlight.

06/24/2011 page 70 "I'm enjoying listening to book 2. When Mia gets sick, Anne Hathaway does an impressive "sick" voice. Listening to the audiobook really brings another dimension to the book. It's interesting that Mia's mother is the same age as me. I could be Mia's mother! The boy who refuses to eat the chili b/c there is corn in it is first mentioned and discussed thru-out the series, but we don't learn his name until later."
06/29/2011 page 109 "I'm really able to appreciating the Buffy the Vampire Slayer references. And yesterday Mia quoted Dirty Harry's favorite quote about feeling lucky. I wouldn't have gotten the reference the first time I read the book!"