Donna's Reviews > War of Honor

War of Honor by David Weber

Jun 27, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, science-fiction
Read from June 23 to 27, 2011

This is the 10th book in the Honor Harrington series. It is extremely long (976 pages in paperback) and about 85% of it deals with politics. Those parts of these books have always moved the slowest for me so in some ways this was a bit of a slog, but I have to say Weber does a great job with his world building.

The plot of the book deals with the build-up to another war between Manticore and the Havenites. It is fascinating to watch the story unfold and see how two kingdoms who really don't want to go to war end up there anyway. I can appreciate the writing and development that went into this but I don't really enjoy discussing politics in my everyday life so it was a bit too much for me in this long of a book. Also, there just wasn't enough of Honor in this book for me. I missed her bad-ass presence.

However, it did move things along from the last book and send the story arc in a new direction (or maybe the same old direction but with some new characters in positions of power). While not my favorite in the series, I will definitely continue with it. I only have two more to go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War of Honor.