Alissa's Reviews > Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

Mar 25, 08

bookshelves: fiction-novel
Read in March, 2008

I would give this book a PG-13 rating for language and a couple crude scenes- which were mild, but suggestive.

The entire book discuss' in detail the importance of few key character relationships. Getting to the MAIN relationship, in my opionion, and setting up the climax of the book is what took a while. About half way through it really hit home and I felt deeply connected to the story(s), and the characters. Eventhough, I was raised in a very different way, I felt that I could empathize and relate to the main characters throughout this book. I cried when they cried, laughed when they laughed, and my heart ached when theirs ached. Well written, you feel like you are literally IN the Bauyou in 'Loose-E-anna'. I would only recommend it to someone not offended by and few F- bombs, and consistant GD's, S, D, and H words, not to mention a couple of minorly suggestive crude 'scene's' or phrases (not R rated). :) (can you tell I am keeping my review G-rated?!) HA!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.