Willow's Reviews > The Beast Call

The Beast Call by Anne Tibbets

Jul 24, 11

Read from June 30 to July 09, 2011

The beast call was a very interesting take on fantasy, one that was not only refreshing, but also enjoyable.

I love the setting. I'm not sure quite how to describe it. . . Dystopian, probably? But definitely less like books such as Matched and Delirium. If you've read Graceling, the setting reminds me of that, and Graceling was a wonderful book. For those of you who haven't read Graceling, I'd say that it's like it's in a time long ago that never happened. I really hope that makes sense.

I loved Dray, the main character. Not only did her feelings really come through to me, but they also made sense. In other books I've read, does anyone feel really bad that they were surpassing their brother in skills? They don't, but they should. She wasn't completely confident in her abilities all the time, but she would always at least try rather than just say that she couldn't do it. I admired her for that.

The only thing that made me take half a star away was the plot. It had an amazing climax and excellent beginning, but in the middle I felt it lagging just a small bit. However, it definitely was not enough to turn me away from it, as I read it all in just a few sittings.

I haven't seen The Beast call around the blogosphere and Goodreads too much, even though I should see it more. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beast Call.

06/30/2011

message 1: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne Tibbets Can't wait! :)

Willow I'm pleased to say that it is a good review! :) There are a line of posts on my blog, but it's set to go up on the 26th. :)

Willow Athena (The Book Bubble) wrote: "I'm pleased to say that it is a good review! :) There are a line of posts on my blog, but it's set to go up on the 26th. :)"

Whoops, meant to put the 24th! ;)

message 4: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne Tibbets I'll be patient! :)