Julie's Reviews > Destiny's Fire

Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe

Jun 23, 2011

Destiny's Fire was one of the best young adult reads for me this year. Since it will not be released from Omnific Publishing until 2012, I'm not going to do a full review here. Just know, the characters are amazing and I SO want to be their friend. The plot twists into something I wasn't quite expecting, but did add to my emotional turmoil in a good way. Intrigue, suspense, action, strong male and female characters...this book has it all. The fantasy elements are unique from others I've read in the genre, and speaking of genre...This book has a mix of a few, so very hard for me to pinpoint exactly how to categorize it. There are elements of steampunk but it's not a traditional steampunk book. It is set in the future with hints of dystopian without the depressing feel that comes along with it. There are fantastic paranormal elements that make the characters in this book unique from other paranormal books I've read. I haven't seen this particular take on paranormal, which was refreshing in itself. Of course, there is romance, which is a must for me. The love interests do not annoy you. There is a bit of a love triangle but not in the traditional sense as we typically think of as annoying triangles. The ending is NOT what I expected, especially for a book that hints as a possible series (oh, please let this become a series.) I most definitely was left wanting more of this world, characters, and story! I finished this book within one day, which if you read any of my reviews, if it takes me a day or two to read something, I REALLY got into and invested in the story. I'm now on pins and needles wondering what the cover will look like!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny's Fire.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Trisha Wolfe Wow, just WOW! Thank you so much for reading it, and this amazing review!

Missy (Two Readers Reviews) okay you officially have me more excited for it!

Julie I just found out there is a Steampunk Fantasy subgenre! I had no idea!! Trish said it's set current or in the future instead of Victorian. How cool!! So, I'm thinking steampunk fantasy with romance or steampunk paranormal romance??

Missy: I REALLY enjoyed it!

Jennifer Lane There's a steampunk fantasy genre? Who knew? This is a perfect fit.

Julie Jennifer wrote: "There's a steampunk fantasy genre? Who knew? This is a perfect fit."

Yes, it's a mashup of genres. haha