Sarah's Reviews > Prom

Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson

Jun 24, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from June 23 to 24, 2011

Eh...this book didn't really do it for me. I felt like there were parts where I was making myself read. Then there were some parts that I thought were sweet. I really liked Ashley's dad and Natalia's crazy grandma. I felt like they were the best characters in the book.

I could identify with this book though.I was in charge of my high school prom,and we didn't have a lot of funds. No there wasn't a scandal with a teacher, we just didn't do as much fundraising as we should have. We decided we could either rent a place and scrimp on everything else, or we could have it in our gym and have amazing decorations. We decided to have it at our school. It was different from the other dances at school because we usually held those in the commons. We covered one whole side of the gym with black butcher paper, and attached about a million silver cardboard stars. And then we strung more twinkle lights than I could count. We hanged gossamer from the ceiling, streaming out and down, to create a tent-like effect.There were ballons everywhere. My dad and some of his employees, he owned a car lot, ran a valet service for us. It was pretty awesome. It definitely exceeded everyone's expectations.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prom.