Carmin's Reviews > Mistwood

Mistwood by Leah Cypess

Jun 23, 11

Ok... So Mistwood was one of those books you go into with an idea of what would happen, how it would end. Who was who. And then Cypess changes everything. I loved this book because it was so different from so many other young adult books I have read. The writing was incredibly engaging and addictive. The plot was so intricate in some parts of the book I had to re-read to catch up.I love the idea that this book was a book that as one that dealt with Kings and royalty and society it never let you feel comfortable with the truth. You were always second guessing, wondering, speculating(or at least I was). It immortalized the thing I love most about books and to some point more than that; Never trust anyone, never believe anything, always be on your guard, everything is a game, a power play. It had twists that I as a constant reader find difficult to encounter. I loved the main character and her current state, it is so different from any young adult female protagonists. Of course there were disappointing things like the forced love between the two main characters. But ironically what disappointed me about the book also made the book interesting. And did I mention how beautifully Cypess' writing was. Even if I did, I'll remind you. Her writing was brilliant. After all of this., I must be redundant and urge you to read this book. It is not perfect but it is amazing and best of all it is different. Defenetly worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistwood.