Ash's Reviews > Palace of the Damned

Palace of the Damned by Darren Shan

Oct 22, 11

Read from October 20 to 22, 2011

Actually 4.5 stars

I honestly didn't enjoy the second book as the first, but after reading this book I think that the prequel series is back to its right track.
The story starts with Larten Crepsley with the baby facing the killing cold. Larten is lost and cold with a baby that he can't take care of, and he has no idea why he saved him, until he finds this cool palace.
I expected the story to focus on the supposedly PALACE OF THE DAMNED, but it didn't. In the cover (UK cover ofc)The palace looks too magical and a whole book can be made about it but sadly it didn't.
The palace part lasted for one part only and I was like IS THAT IT!!!! But the story turned out to be better. Larten goes to Paris (Country not character) so Paris, France and he meets this beautiful lady called Alicia with red her and a sexy figure and he falls in love with her and he wants to settle his life and purify the sins he made in his past, but can he really do that?
The book contained romance and a warm hearting story about sacrafices and promises and leaving the ones you love to protect them.
In this book some of our favorite characters appear in it such as Lady Evana (The sexiest ugliest character I've ever read) and Mr. Tiny (Lady Evana's creepy father who's obsessed with destiny and somehow controls it) and Arra ( You will meet her fully nude in the book ;P) and Vancha and also Kurda.
My favorite part in the book was probably when Alicia took back her words that was really amazing and sad.
A prequel series that is really worth the try.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Palace of the Damned.

10/20/2011 page 41