Erin's Reviews > A Storm of Swords

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Jun 15, 14

bookshelves: 2011
Read from June 22 to 24, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Storm of Swords.

06/22/2011 page 787
70.0% "About halfway through A Clash of Kings, I developed intense feelings about most of the characters in these books (still can't be bothered to give a second thought to Stannis or Davos, though), and now this stupid series is ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ariel I'm not reading your whole review out of the fear of spoilers, but it's giving me motivation to continue with the first book.

Erin I definitely didn't love the first book - I felt like it was a lot of set-up and the characters didn't become truly interesting until somewhere in the second book. If you like GoT at all by the end, I'd definitely say keep on going - it gets significantly more enjoyable.

Also, I don't know if you ever listen to audiobooks, but the ones for this series are kind of great. I switch back and forth between listening at work and reading everywhere else, and I definitely suggest them, especially if you're feeling a little stuck.

Erin I just looked at this again and realized I said "definitely" three times in one comment. Oh well. At least I'm standing behind my statements.

Ariel I didn't even notice your use of the "definitely." If it makes you feel any better, I used the wrong form of "where" 3 times in a row in a comment on my friend's blog last week.

I'm going to take the first one on a plane with me, so with any luck, that will motivate me to get through it.

I may look into the audiobooks for some of them though (I am torn, because I can borrow all the book-books from someone for free, and I am feeling cheap)-I do a lot of walking places during school, at least before it gets super cold, and audiobooks are good for when I run out of backlogged podcasts...