Tracy Walters's Reviews > The Pillars of the Earth

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

Jul 13, 11

Read in January, 1991 — I own a copy
BCID: 6484679

This is one of the most amazing books that I have ever read. A friend loaned me his book, back in the early 90's, because he said I just had to read it. It was the hardback and I said okay. I was a bit nervous to take it on because it was over 1,000 pages. When I was done.....I simply could not give the book back. I loved it so much it was like giving up a child...giggle. My friend told me I could keep the book because I obviously loved it more than he did. It became a treasure to me. I read it again a few years later and I was still wrapped up in it's magic. What an incredible story of love....travel....architecture....witchery....prince and princesses....evil....and the building of cathedrals. Everyone needs a story like this at least once in their lifetime!!! I have this book on my TOP TEN LIST of books that I have read. I am very selective about the books that go on there and this one simply had to be on it!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pillars of the Earth.