Robert Kangas's Reviews > Containment

Containment by Christian Cantrell

Jun 25, 11

Read from June 22 to 25, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This was a bitter-sweet book to finish. First off, I quite enjoyed the setup of the story... a human colony on Venus and the explanations over how the colony actually functioned. But, then it ended up having a twist that kind of reminded me of a M. Night Shyamalan story ended up going. The twist ended up making me feel like I had wasted my time, but I eventually got over that and ended up somewhat enjoying the rest of the novel.

Now... Cantrell has some potential to be a decent author. I know he was trying to write a hard sci-fi story, but really, a sci-fi story doesn't need to read like a science textbook. There were enough technical explanations in the novel to really throw off the rhythm of the story. Christian Cantrell will end up being a much better author if he realizes that not everything needs to be explained, especially in such huge detail.

To tell you the truth, I had a hard time deciding if this would be a two or three star review. I wish this could land somewhere in the middle, but I gave the story a little boost because it became more interesting in the end. Though, it was crappy that it ended at such a point where it really would have gotten interesting.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Containment.