Jackie's Reviews > Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West

Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

Jul 26, 11

bookshelves: recommendation-grab-bag
Read from July 01 to 26, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West.

07/11/2011 page 400
100.0% "Well, GEB was like the beginning of "Dance Yrself Clean" (by LCD Soundsystem) for me, and EGB has so far been like when the song goes from good to physically arousing."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Ed (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ed I'm glad you liked this. It would make a kick-ass movie; his books usually do.

Jackie I couldn't stop thinking about (the Coen Bros') No Country For Old Men while reading this. This was my first Cormac McCarthy book, and I feel like my love for that movie helped me feel as I do while reading an extensively-read author.

message 3: by Ed (last edited Aug 07, 2011 10:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ed Jackie wrote: "I couldn't stop thinking about (the Coen Bros') No Country For Old Men while reading this. This was my first Cormac McCarthy book, and I feel like my love for that movie helped me feel as I do whil..."

His shit is so crafted and but so well crafted that it never bothers me that it comes across as crafted. Does that make sense?

All the Pretty Horses is worth a read too. I'm planning on reading Suttree next by him.