♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Ember

Ember by Bettie Sharpe

Jun 22, 2011

bookshelves: ebook, genre-historical, genre-humor, genre-paranromal, read-2011, steam-hot, novella
Read on June 23, 2011

Loved it! Ember was a wicked, dark, sensual, twisted and enthralling read.

Oh wow! A super entertaining, dark and twisted retelling of Cinderella. The writing was great, and I loved the world building and imagination that went into this story. Very clever.

The heat level is 'hot', and the author does use some crude language a few times normally reserved for erotica. (view spoiler) It worked in the context of keeping the story dark and funny, while also in pushing the boundaries on Ember's character.

It is a short story, but it felt like a full novel. She packs quite a bit into the story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ember.

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I read this back when it was a serial on a website. I loved how dark it was!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So glad you liked this one. I loved it!

message 3: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne I've added this one KarLyn! Nice review!

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Nice one KarLyn! I like the sounds of this one.

♡Karlyn P♡ Thanks everyone, i highly recommend it. I loved it. I believe it is still free on the authors website too!

message 6: by Crista (new)

Crista Great review KarLynP! You have me convinced:)

♡Karlyn P♡ Crista wrote: "Great review KarLynP! You have me convinced:)"

Thanks Crista! It's a long novella, still a quick read. It felt like a full-size novel too. I believe the author got picked up by Carina Press because of this book being so good. Enjoy!

message 8: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Just added it. Great review, Karlyn.

message 9: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Sep 07, 2012 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Kristen wrote: "Just added it. Great review, Karlyn."

Thanks Kristen, I think you will love it. The story is a bit dark, different, romantic, clever...etc.