Rosa (Bajan Rosa Books)'s Reviews > Hounded

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Jun 23, 11

bookshelves: best, favorites, fae-ness
Read from June 22 to 23, 2011

First of all, I am totally blown away by how much I enjoyed this book!!!

I give many Kudos to Kevin Hearne he is one brilliant author. I say this because I don't usually fancy books like these but this drew me in from the beginning. I was pinned to this book for the full day it took me to read it and I was so happy that I happened upon it and decided what the hell! I have now moved on to Hexed which I bought immediately after reading to chapter 20 one day I hope to own Hammered as well but until then I will do with what I have!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hounded.

Quotes Rosa (Bajan Rosa Books) Liked

Kevin Hearne
“It quickly became a tracking operation, though. My chariot could not keep up with his truck. By the time I caught up with him, his truck was parked in one of those asphalt wastelands. What are they called again"?
The Tuatha De Danann have no problem asking Druids for information. That's what we're for, after all. The secret to becoming an Old Druid instead of a dead Druid is to betray nary a hint of condescension when answering even the simplest questions.
"They are called parking lots," I replied.
"Ah, yes, thank you. He came out of a building called 'Crussh', holding one of these potions. Are you familar with the building, Druid?"
"I belive that is a smoothie bar in England."
"Quite right. So after I killed him and stowed his body next to the doe, I sampled his smooth concoction in the parking lot and found it to be quite delicious".
See, sentences like that are why I nurture a healthy fear of the Tuatha De Danann.”
Kevin Hearne, Hounded

Kevin Hearne
“Flidais clapped her hands in delight.
"Oh, I bet he nearly shat kine!"
That made me laugh - I hadn't heard that expression in a long, long time. I refrained from telling her that the modern expression would be "he had a cow", because I liked the original better.
"Yes, the kine he nearly shat would have fed several clans.”
Kevin Hearne, Hounded