Janene's Reviews > Jack Daniel Stories - A Mystery Thriller Collection

Jack Daniel Stories - A Mystery Thriller Collection by J.A. Konrath

Jul 17, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, humor, mystery, suspense, thrillers, twisted, j-a-konrath
Read from June 22 to July 17, 2011

Ok...first off, I am not one to spend much time on short stories. I hate the feeling of diving into a book and having it end in a few short pages. So, when I saw Jack Daniel Stories-A Mystery Thriller Collection by one of my very fav authors, Joe Konrath, I snatched it up, but at the same time remember thinking, "Short stories?? ugh". But, I was really needing a 'Jack-Harry-Herb-Phin' fix.

So, my review? I LOVED THIS! The same ole J.A. Konrath, just condensed in short, hilarious, gross, warped, twisted stories. Who else but Joe could get me laughing out loud at a story about Necrophilia?!? I mean, WTH?! And what I particularly enjoyed, was that for each story, Joe writes an intro of sorts. Why he wrote it, what he thought of it, what happened with it, etc. Really, really loved this.

And I'd like to weigh in on Harry McGlade. You either love him or hate him. I'm in the LOVE HIM group. I absolutely adore him and so happy he was heavily included in this collection. Lots of laughs & OMG moments.

So, yeah....if you're a fan of short stories, twisted, humor, crossing the line, or the great J.A. Konrath, you must read this. Very quick read (of course, I usually devour anything by him).

My only complaint---Mr. Friskers did not make a single appearance. Shame on you, Joe. ;(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jack Daniel Stories - A Mystery Thriller Collection.

message 1: by Barb (new)

Barb Woo hoo! I have this on my Kindle! This may be my next read! I've missed the Jack Daniels crew! Great review!!

Janene Thanks! You'll enjoy it. =)