Vicki G's Reviews > Split Infinity

Split Infinity by Piers Anthony

Dec 19, 11

Read from June 22 to December 19, 2011

I never realized how hard it would be to read a popular book when you've talked to the author in a capacity other than writing books.
I mean, I don't know him really well, but I've met him (via online sources) and he's talked to me. He talks to most of his fans, but he introduced me to a girl he had helped in the late 80's. She was hit by a drunk driver when she was 12. She's 34 now and has never walked, but the person who did it has never even apologized for what he did.
She became a character in one of his Xanth books. He modeled the character after her. She was in a coma and refusing to wake up and live her new and radically changed life after the accident.
He literally helped her to want to live. He mom had written him a letter, b/c she didn't know what else to do to help her daughter want to live after being hit by a car and thrown more than 30 feet clear of it.
After she got the letter from him, she started trying to get better.
He introduced me to her, and I've been writing letters to her since then. More or less writing letters; I'm still working on a letter I'm sending to her, but I think about her every day.
I see the result of drunk driving four and five times a week, sometimes. I like knowing that someone survived it.
Once I saw an entire family die after being hit by a drunk driver, who kept on going after she hit them. Or rather, kept going until her vehicle stalled and then died.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Split Infinity.

06/22/2011 page 2