Jack's Reviews > The Fourth Apprentice

The Fourth Apprentice by Erin Hunter

Aug 05, 11

Read from July 01 to August 05, 2011

So, it took me a while to read this, but that's because I've been very busy with other things recently, nothing to do with the book. I really liked the book. It's not the best Warriors book,but I like the idea of a drought and cats having to find out what's blocking the water in the lake. It's very interesting to read about.

I also loved how there was a journey but it didn't go into multiple books. It shows how the Erin's are taking on what people have said and not making the journeys drag out as much. For this reason, I didn't find the journey getting boring at any point. Whilst we've seen cats from different Clans join together to do something before, it was a set of different cats, which was nice. It's quite nice to see cats from different Clans getting along together rather than constantly fighting each other. I always like that about journeying cats (however I still love battles!).

The cat on the cover of the book is Dovepaw, and she's one of the viewpoints in this book, as well as Lionblaze and Jayfeather. I'll admit that the characters are a bit too magical with their powers, and especially considering that Dovepaw's an apprentice, the things she can do seem more unrealistic. I like Jayfeather the most out of the three.

The end of the book was very good and shocking.I won't reveal what happens, but I can't wait to read Fading Echoes (OOTS #2) because I want to know what's going to happen. Overall, I enjoyed this book quite a bit! :D

Characters - 8.5/10.
Plot - 9/10.
Writing - 8.5/10.
Entertainment value - 9/10.
Overall (mean average) - 8.8/10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fourth Apprentice.

07/25/2011 page 171
57.0% "I'm going quite slow, but that was because I had a busy time at school when I started. Now it's the holidays I'm going to try finish this book on Wednesday. Whilst that's taking it quite slowly and I might finish tomorrow, I have other things to do. It's quite good so far! =D"
show 2 hidden updates…