Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh"'s Reviews > Article 5

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: dystopian, cant-seem-to-finish, ya
Read from March 14 to 26, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Article 5.

03/26/2012 page 175
48.0% "I have to just let this one go. Enough is enough."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kellyflower Crap, was it really this bad? Mise well bring it back to the library then.

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" Kellyflower wrote: "Crap, was it really this bad? Mise well bring it back to the library then."

GAH! Sorry! My phone accidentally hit the stars button, but I havn't read it yet. I have it home now, so I'll get to it soon.

But. I read the first chapter when it was online a while back and it made me lower my expectations.

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" It's really that bad.

Kellyflower yes it was! Which is a shame because it had potential to be good.

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" I just skimmed the last few chapters, and that was good enough to get an idea of the ending. Trying to read the middle third of the book was too painful.

message 6: by JJ (new)

JJ Oh dang! Just reading about this and saw you read it. Going to pass then since you gave it 2 stars. :/

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" Skip this one. So many other better dystopians out there!

message 8: by JJ (new)

JJ You need to send me your top 10 recos and I can see if any are on my list and if not, I can add them. Keep in mind I try to stay away from books that are part of a series. I try anyway, some I give into! :)

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" Well, all the dystopian YAs are trilogies. :(

But off the top of my head, my faves are:

Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu
Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

Other people like, but I thought was ok:

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis

message 10: by JJ (new)

JJ Thanks, chief! I added the first two because those are your 5 starers. Besides I have heard you talk about Divergent a few times. Proof enough. As to A.T.Universe, I considered adding that when it came out, but after reading some reviews I opted not too. Meh...too much other stuff. Thank you for the recos!

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" You're welcome! Also, FYI, Jenn M and Miss Lee (and Vic to a lesser extent) love Divergent too!

message 12: by JJ (new)

JJ Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" wrote: "You're welcome! Also, FYI, Jenn M and Miss Lee (and Vic to a lesser extent) love Divergent too!"

Vic, the true critic! Haha! I have heard and read of few good things about the Divergent series. Darn can't get away from a series with YA! Like I hace heard a lot of talk with you and Jenny over The Bronze Horseman or whatever that book was. On my list too!

message 13: by Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" (last edited Feb 21, 2013 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" JJ wrote: "Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" wrote: "You're welcome! Also, FYI, Jenn M and Miss Lee (and Vic to a lesser extent) love Divergent too!"

Vic, the true critic! Haha! I have heard and read of few good thing..."

Booby LOVES The Bronze Horseman!! I'm pretty sure Vic really liked it too. (It's later on in the series where it gets its critics.)

message 14: by JJ (last edited Feb 21, 2013 04:26PM) (new)

JJ I join the party way too late. The only good thing about that is that by the time I get to it, the whole series has been written and reduced in price at Target. Yet I'm always in time to argue about casting. Haha! ;)

I need to kick some of these books up a notch on my list. ;)

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" Haha! Yes, you're just in time for Divergent casting and Delirium casting. :)

message 16: by JJ (last edited Feb 21, 2013 04:29PM) (new)

JJ Better get to reading those soon, so I can throw my fists to the sky with the rest of you peeps when actors names are bounced around. :)