Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > Hunted by the Others

1962503
Jul 19, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from July 18 to 19, 2011

I liked this world and Shiarra because she was actually scared and careful around Others. Not racist, just very careful. And that makes sense, because of vampires, werewolves and mages suddenly came out then yes I would be scared too. And perhaps not mix with them when they can tear my head off.

Shiarra is a PI who takes a case she does not want to take. But somebody has to pay the bills. She knows better than to mix with mages and vampires. She is tough, but with a good head on her shoulder and she knows this case will likely kill her. And I do like that and that she tries everything to get out of a bad situation. She is a worthy kick-ass woman.

The story is about her trying to get an artifact, staying away from mean vampire Royce and just generally staying alive and kicking some ass later on. Since the person holding the artefact does not want to give it up.

The men then. She has an ex who turned out to be a werewolf so Chaz is in the doghouse now so to speak. Then there is charismatic and scary Alec Royce but evil vampires are so not for her, well we will see about that. The thing is that every sane person knows not to get involved with Others because they make you sign a contract. This is to protect humans but in that end that contract is way scarier cos in case of a violent death they can't be prosecuted.

I liked Shirra and her PI partner Sara, I liked Arnold who shows up later and I sure liked Royce. The only one I am a bit on the fence about is Chaz. Nothing wrong with him but it was mostly because of the crowd of posers he was with.

At the end the scariest thing in this book was the White Hats, creepy racists peeps scare the hell out of me.

Conclusion:

A good start to a new series. There is plenty of action and as for the romance, you know I can't tell you. A good book that I recommend. There is also this fun vibe over the book that I enjoyed.

rating:

Good

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted by the Others.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Hayden Oh I have this one here to read too. It really sounds wonderful, but that time thing to get to it. Grrr. Hope you enjoy it! Look forward to your thoughts on it.

Blodeuedd Finland I have already read a lot :D So should not take long before you see my thoughts *coughs tomorrow*

message 3: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Hayden oh wow. you are too fast! ;D Thanks

Blodeuedd Finland You know me :D Though perhaps it would be better to just have a job and not read all day...not really ;) I am so bad

message 5: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Hayden I would love to not have a job and read all day. :) That is my dream! :D

Blodeuedd Finland I just wish I was rich and could do it, instead bf takes care of all the bills. Stupid non existing jobs

message 7: by Anachronist (new)

Anachronist Don't worry, when you have a job you will be still complaining...;)

Blodeuedd Finland Haha, oh yes, then I would surely complain more ;)

message 9: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Hayden Oh, Anachronist! Great to see you out here. I sent a friend request. :)

message 10: by Anachronist (new)

Anachronist Friend request accepted - hiya Melissa, great to have so many friends here!

message 11: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Hayden Anachronist wrote: "Friend request accepted - hiya Melissa, great to have so many friends here!"

*waves* :D So great!