A. T. Adlen's Reviews > The Baby Boon: How Family-Friendly America Cheats the Childless

The Baby Boon by Elinor Burkett

Jun 22, 2011

FUN FACT:

Before I bought this book, I went on Amazon to read reviews and this troll who goes by the name of Paul Gaboury, went on every single review and responded with this comment:

Initial post: Dec 3, 2006 4:06:46 PM PST
Paul Gaboury says:

My name is Paul Gaboury. The author, Elinor Burkett is my sister in law. Her characterization of my wife and our home is innacurate in the extreme. We became aware of the contents of the book only after it hit the bookstands. At that time, we sent a letter to the publisher to correct the misrepresentations made. We did not receive a response. We had a choice to sue. For family considerations, we did not. Now we find references to my wife in the internet which was brought to our attention by a member of our family.

Finally, and again, the characterizations of Michele Gaboury, my wife and the author's sister-in-law are innaccurate in the extreme. They end up acheiving extreme polarizing views which perhaps help strengthen Ms. Burkett's premise. But they also damage my wife's reputation severely when anyone, including her clients and professional associates can google her name and view these comments and the book.

Obviously it was made almost 6 years ago but then again, it was 6 years after the book was written. weird.

Like I said Fun Fact!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Baby Boon.