Kimi's Reviews > Kiss of Midnight

Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian

Jan 22, 12

bookshelves: shhh, audiobook, fav-adult, favorites, men-i-love, paranormal, vampire
Read from January 19 to 22, 2012

From the moment that I started listening to this audiobook, I loved it. I loved the flow of the story and the characters. Originally, it seemed a bit like Black Dagger Brotherhood, but as I progressed throughout his first book, I saw how different it was. The race that these warriors are fighting are similar to their own race accept mad with bloodlust. It was interesting learning about the history of these vampires. Adrian built an amazing and unique world that I look forward to learning more and more about.

I loved Gabrielle's friends. They were all very unique and played a part in the story. I really enjoyed the development of Gabrielle's relationship with Lucan. The way that they each learned deep things about one another was intense. I was sure that Gabby would hurt herself again.

I was surprised that Tegan wasn't the traitor because with all his animosity with Lucan, I was sure that he was the one who set them up. Yet, I was wrong.

Overall, wonderful for a first book. Usually with a first book of a series I enjoy it but it was different with Black Dagger Brotherhood. It seems as though a different individual will be focused on in each book which was similar in BDB. In BDB, I didn't feel like the first book was as strong yet as the series progressed, I began to love it and all the characters more and more. Tegan is kind of like Z accept it's really personal with Lucan. I don't know how they'll move past their issues but I hope they do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Midnight.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by M. (new) - rated it 2 stars

M. This book has been on my TBR list for a while but I never got around to read it. I think I will try next. I'm now reading the last book of the Lunarmorte series but holy crap I can't bring myself to finish it. Ugh! I'm really pissed that I can't find a good series anymore.

Kimi Gosh I know right! I think you should definitely try this series. I love it!